Choices Counseling & Skills Center and Bright Road Recovery Outpatient Eating Disorder Treatment Center are teaming up to bring DIET RIOT!, a highly specialized and intensive binge eating disorder (BED) treatment group to address the needs of those experiencing ongoing distress with their weight, food and eating.
What is DIET RIOT!?
DIET RIOT! is a small, closed group of no more than 8 adult participants. The group meets for 8 weeks, once per week, for 4 hours each meeting.
In each group meeting you will learn important skills and information about health, weight, food, relationships, and body image. Our experiential and interactive approach focuses on emotional regulation, interpersonal effectiveness and ending the war with body, food and dieting.
- Do you try to eat “healthy” but find you are craving all the “wrong” foods?
- Ever feel exhausted and humiliated by the constant messages blaming you for your weight and relationship with food?
- Are you considering bariatric surgery, but would prefer a non-surgical answer to your food and weight issues?
- Would you like to repair your broken relationship with food and start enjoying life, friends, family, and food?
Sometimes referred to as compulsive overeating, Binge Eating Disorder (BED) is the most common of all eating disorders.
Furthermore, approximately 30% of those who present for weight loss procedures or programs show signs of an active BED, yet fewer than one third of those patients will receive treatment for the underlying cause of their medical and mental health problems.
Despite its popularity, research shows that dieting does not work. And your personal experience might be living proof!
Group Membership Criteria
- Diagnosed with BED or self-identified unhealthy relationship with food, body and/or dieting
- Medical clearance by physician for outpatient treatment
- Current and ongoing individual outpatient therapy
- Current and ongoing nutritional counseling with a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RD/RDN) trained in eating disorder treatment
- We strongly recommend attendance at the twice-monthly EDSIE eating disorder recovery meeting immediately following the DIET RIOT! group.
This group is still forming, so dates/times have not been finalized. Please fill out the form below and one of our specialists will contact you about this exciting new program!
Note: This class will be offered on the Bright Road Recovery facility, located at: